Saturday, April 14, 2012

Playing with the Liftateers!

So, Over on the Fiskateers site Groovy Deb. Started the Liftateers. This group of scrappers lift a layout that Groovy Deb has picked out for them to be inspired by. She does this every week. This week the inspirational layout is from Fiskateer- Susan#2377. You can see it here week 31 .  She recently asked if I would like to play along with them. I agreed and this is what I came up with. I made my layout 8x10 so, I could put in the a small album of family pictures. The girls are my daughters with their cousin.

The title: Mama's Sweet Girls is because that's what they(the grandchildren) all called my mom. When this picture was taken my mom was still alive. When She saw it; all she could say was "My sweet girls - Mama's sweet girls". She loved them so very much. She was blessed with 3 granddaughters before she passed away. Now, she has 4 girls and 6 boys. I know in my heart she would be over the moon with joy with all of them.

I made the Polaroid mat for the photo. Then, I used ink to distress it. To give it that vintage feel. 
Close- up of title and embellishments





 I used the following to create this layout: Cardstock: Bazzil Purple & white, Patterned Paper: Background & Butterflies(cut out from paper)-Masterpiece Studios, Ribbon: Heidi Grace, Lace, Sequins, Flowers: Felt Flowers American Crafts, Bling Flower - Darice, Bling: Heart - Creatology, Center of Flower-Studio18, Chipboard Letters: Thickers, Paint: Folk Art Metallic, Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Tea Dye, Punch: Fiskars Embossing Border Punch - All A Fleur, Trimmer: Fiskars- Rotary Trimmer, Adhesive: Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue & Elmer's Tape Runner & Homemade Shimmery spray.

Thanks for looking. Give Lifting a try -- better yet join the Fiskateers and the Liftateers! Tell them Annie sent you by :)   Leave a comment. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the butterflies, they are a great touch!

Ms. Pebbles said...

Lovin your titles!

Annie Collins said...

Thank you ladies. :)