Thursday, August 31, 2017

Love Birds with Simply Stamps

Hello and Welcome to Love Birds with Simply Stamps

Today, we will be making a beautiful Anniversary card using the Love Birds Stamp that can be found in the craft section of the Simply Stamps site.






Supply list for this card are:
1 - 5" X 10"Piece of Cream colored card stock
1 - 5" x 5" Piece of card stock - I used Bristol Smooth Card stock
A Heart shape template - you can freehand it if you prefer.
Assortment of floral stamp.
Adhesive - tape runner 
Trimmer
Scissors
Bone Folder
Cleaning Pad
Coloring medium - I used my Faber-Castell Gelatos
Embossing Ink - I used VersaMark
Embossing Powder - I used gold - You can use your favorite.
Embossing Anti-static Powder tool 
Embossing Heat Tool
Hole punch

Instructions:
I want to first explain my photo - yes you see three pieces of paper. When I first tried this card I did it much differently. Same results of but a different start.

The easy way to do it is the following. First, cut one colored card stock of your choice 5 X 10 so then you fold it in half. Now, trace or draw heart making sure that one section of the heart meets the crease section of your card.  Next cut the heart. Again making sure that the section that meet the crease stays connected.
 


Now, insert your 5 X 5 card stock into the card. Trace your heart onto the 5 x 5 card stock. Next remove the card stock insert and set aside.  Then put the card for in your stamping platform or surface. arrange your extra stamps. They to stay withing the draw lines. Now, use the embossing powder tool on the card stock. Next,  ink up you stamp with embossing ink (i.e. Versa make) stamp the floral arrangement on the card.


Then, add embossing powder on top of the inked images. Making sure all the images are completely cover with powder. Now, use your heat tool to melt the embossing powder. 


Now you have beautiful gold floral on the front of your card. 

Now, it's time for the Love bird stamp. Place it in the center of the heart on the smooth card. Next, add a few floral around it. Then, repeat the above step for embossing your images. You will end up with two beautiful gold embossed images. 
Now, tape you image to a board. Now pull out your coloring medium I use my Faber-castell Gelatos to color them because I wanted color look (this is up to you how color them).

 Now, to finish the card. While my watercolor images dried I cut the word Happy using a die cut three times. Twice from light blue card stock and once for dark blue card stock. I also stamped the word Anniversary and a banner. I trimmed the anniversary banner and layered and glued the happy word. 

I then inserted my now dry watercolor image inside my card.

I adhered it to the back and from of the card.


All but the Heart section of the card. That I left as an open flap. I then used a hole punch to make a notch so that it is easy to open the flap.

Now, you have a beautiful to celebrate a family member, friend or even your own Anniversary. 



Thank you for stopping by blog and please feel free to stop by the Simply Stamps Website and order your own beautiful Love Birds Stamp.



5 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, love the design and beautiful stamps.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathy said...

Such a pretty card!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, love the clever opening heart.

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card, love the cute birds!

Nicola ♥

Brawny x said...

Fabulous cardvx