Friday, August 11, 2017

Sunsational Campgrounds

This month the Sunsational Stamps Design team is creating projects based on Camping and Nature. We're having a Camping/Nature Challenge on our Facebook Group - Sunsational Stamps ChallengesThe other Design Team members have made some really amazing projects. 

I too wanted to bring you a fun project. I made a gate fold card that opens up to a wonderful camping scene. I truly wanted to bring you to the campground. I used several stamp sets to create all the components for my card. I enjoy mixing and matching my stamp sets and these really lend themselves well for this.

I used the following sets - which all can be purchased at the Sunsational Stamps Store:
Camp out                                Camp More            Woodsy Critters              Canada Day

        


Here is my card - Front I drew & fussy cut out the tree post for my sign. The letter I used are a font on my computer. I used pattern paper(small trees- Paper Studio - Hobby Lobby) for the background. I then colored the paper with TH Distress Oxide Inks. to make the sky and ground.

When you open the card you see the camping scene all with a loving couple toasting marshmallow by the fire, sipping on cocoa and a night sky, woodland critters peaking in on them.
I used again Distress Oxide ink to create the sky and ground. All critters, bears, trees, mountains and camping equipment were colored with PrismaColor Colored pencils. Foil paper was used for the moon and some Zig Wink of Stella was used on the fire and love hearts. The sentiment was placed just over the tree reads: Like campfires and marshmallows, we're better together!

I hope I inspired you to want to create your own camping/nature scene card and join us over at the Facebook group - Sunsational Stamps Challenges - where you can enter your wonderful project. You can find all of the sets I used and more at the Sunsational Stamps Store 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Karla Yungwirth said...

This is adorable!! What an awesome scene card!