Friday, September 15, 2017

You Lift Me Up - Butterfly Card - Simply Stamps


Hello I am here bringing you another card. Today I am using the Designer Butterfly Craft Stamp by KarMaBee  for Simply Stamps to create this fun pop - up card. I learn to make this card from Julie Davidson.


I wanted to create a black and white card with a pop of color.  This is the card I came up with using the directions Julie provided.



Supplies:
Designer Butterfly Craft Stamp by KarMaBee
4 1/4" x 11" Cardstock - I used black
3 3/8" x 9 1/2" Cardstock  - I used white
3 3/8" x 5" Cardstock - I used white
1/2" X 3 1/4" Window Sheet or clear plastic
2 1/2" Circle Punch or Die



Other supplies:
Trimmer
Score Board
Scissors
Bone Folder
Adhesive
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
Embellishments


Instructions:

First, Stamp 3 of the Designer Butterfly Craft Stamp by KarMaBee using waterproof ink, I used Versafine Onyx Black. Then, color 2 of the images - I water colored mine using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Ripe Persimmon. Set aside to dry.



Score the 3 3/8" x 9 1/2" white cardstock at 1", 2 3/4" and 41/2". Fold on the score lines. then center the punch on the center fold and punch through both halves.


Next, using a strong adhesive attach the clear plastic on the inside of the fold (Punch area).


Now, cut the dry butterflies, and adhere your Butterfly image to the clear plastic.






Then, adhere the white cardstock to the inside of the card first. Be careful to line it up straight and be mindful of the fold. Adhere the edges on either side of the fold - leaving a little space.




Next, adhere the other white cardstock to the other side of the card. Making sure to line up the edges. Being careful to keep it straight. Now, the inside of you card is done. Next decorate you card front.

I used another stamped Butterfly, doily to match my inside butterfly and a simple sentiment which I stamped and embossed. I then die cut a frame for it. I anchored the butterfly with a piece of what card stock. I added Wink of Stella glitter to my butterfly image. I also stamped small flowers on my inside cardstock. This is optional.



Thanks for taking the time to visit today.

No comments: